Prize Winning Varicose Vein Treatments
The Whiteley Clinic is a unique vein clinic as it funds a large research programme into treating varicose veins and other venous conditions. Since 2002, The Whiteley Clinic has regularly won prizes and awards for research into varicose veins and vein treatments.
It is through this research that The Whiteley Clinic is able to produce The Whiteley Protocol® and to keep it constantly updated bringing the very latest and best investigations and treatments to patients with varicose veins and other vein conditions such as venous leg ulcers.
- California November 2016 – 30th Annual Congress of the American College of Phlebology
Potential differences in the ablation of the GSV by 810nm and 1470nm Endovenous Lasers, as shown by histology and immunohistochemistry using a novel method of in-vitro treatment
HF Ashpitel, FJ Salguero, W García-Jiménez, RM La Ragione, MS Whiteley
- London April 2015 – Charing Cross International Symposium
CERTIFICATE OF MERIT
The Role of Intra-Operative Transvaginal Duplex Ultrasound during Pelvic Vein Embolisation
P Diwakar, D Beckett, JM Holdstock, CS Harrison, MS Whiteley
- Phoenix, Arizona, USA – 28th Annual Congress of the American College of Phlebology
Bronze Abstract Award (3rd Place)
Mechanochemical Ablation (MOCA®) Increases Endothelial Damage and Penetration of Damage into the Media Layer of the Vein Wall Compared to Sclerotherapy Alone – A Study Using Histology and Immunohistochemistry
MS Whiteley, CTD Lee, JM Li
- Milan 2010 – 11th International Vascular & Endovascular Course (IVEC) and 4th European Congress of the International Society for Vascular Surgery (ISVS)
An in Vitro Study to Optimise the Treatment of Varicose Veins with RFiTT
GE Badham, SM Strong, MS Whiteley
- London, May 2015 – Venous Forum Annual Spring Meeting, Royal Society of Medicine
Analysis of the biological effect of the 1920nm laser on the great saphenous vein wall, using immunohistochemical analysis of the expression of VCAM-1 and p-P53, when treated with various LEEDs.
H. Ashpitel, MS Whiteley
- London, 2014 – Venous Forum Annual Spring Meeting, Royal Society of Medicine
The Effects of Altitude, Temperature, Gas to Sclerosant Ratio, Air vs. 50:50 Mixture of CO2 and O2, Foam Volume, Presence of Silicone and Consecutive Uses of Syringes on the Longevity of Tessari-made Foam for Sclerotherapy
SB Patel, AE Ostler, SJ Santos, TM Pirie, MS Whiteley
- London, 2013 – Annual Spring Meeting of the Venous Forum of The Royal Society of Medicine
PRIZE – Best poster
Ten Year Results of Radiofrequency Ablation (VNUS Closure®) of the Great Saphenous and Anterior Accessory Saphenous Veins, in the Treatment of Varicose Veins
DC Taylor, AM Whiteley, TJ Fernandez-Hart, MS Whiteley
- Bristol, 2007 – Annual Spring Meeting of the Venous Forum of The Royal Society of Medicine
PRIZE – Second place for best paper
Is it possible to damage a laser fibre during delivery of tumescent anaesthesia for endovenous laser ablation (EVLA)?
JM Holdstock, CC Harrison, C Smith, P Marsh, CL McGuinness, MS Whiteley, BA Price
- Edinburgh, 2006 – Society of Vascular Technologists, Annual General Meeting
PRIZE FOR BEST PAPER:
Prevalence of Pelvic Vein Reflux in Female Patients Presenting with Leg Varicose Veins
JM Holdstock, C Harrison, C Smith, P Marsh, BA Price, CL McGuinness, AJ Lopez, MS Whiteley
- Harrogate, 2004 – Vascular Surgical Society of GB & I (VSSGBI) –
VENOUS FORUM PRIZE
Perforator Veins Do Not Remain Closed Following Long Saphenous Vein Stripping – Results Of A Randomised Trial With A One Year Follow Up.
Kianifard B, Holdstock J, Allan C, Smith C, Price B, Whiteley MS.
- Belfast, 2002 – Society of Vascular Technologists, Annual General Meeting
PRIZE FOR BEST PAPER:
Superficial Femoral Vein Velocities using currently available products aimed at reducing Venous Thrombo-Embolism (VTE) during air travel
A.G. MacKinnon, A Clarke, C Smith, JM Holdstock, BA Price, MS Whiteley
- Wimbledon, January 2005 – South West Thames Vascular Group –
PRIZE FOR BEST PAPER
Strip tract re-vascularisation after stripping of the long saphenous vein – Histological and duplex evidence
A Munasinghe, P Wilkerson, MB Sikkel, B Kianifard, C Smith, BA Price, JM Holdstock, MS Whiteley